Kangaroo is truly cool Australian animal. It has cool muscles, can stand on its tale and keeps the babies in a "purse". What else do we know?
- Kangaroos can hop around quickly on two legs or walk around slowly on all four.
- Kangaroos can swim.
- On land kangaroos only ever move their hind legs together, however in water they kick each leg independently to swim.
- Kangaroos are herbivores. They eat grasses, flowers, leaves, ferns, moss and even insects. Like cows, kangaroos regurgitate their food and re-chew it before it is ready to be totally digested.
- Baby kangaroos are called ‘joeys’.
- There are more kangaroos than humans in Australia. They are the national symbol of Australia and appear on postage stamps, coins, and aeroplanes.